Discover the Best of Provence with a tour package for three days with a tour based in Avignon. Your Best of Provence tour will begin with a pickup at the Avignon TGV station when your train arrives from Paris. Please note that train tickets are not included in prices listed below, but we are happy to help you secure the tickets prior to your departure.
The touring is not private, but rather the group minivan tours are offered on a daily basis from Avignon (minimum of 2 people).
Tour Price Options
Best of Provence Tour Highlights
- Tour days: Daily throughout the year; tour can begin on any day of the week
- Vehicle: Van or Minicoach
- Duration: 3 days and 2 nights
- Included in tour:
- Audioguides for Popes’ Palace and Pont d’Avignon
- Guided touring in English to Lubéron regional park, Roussillon, Gordes, Lavender Museum, Antiques of Saint Rémy de Provence, Les Baux de Provence, Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Two nights accommodations
- Two dinners
- Arrival and departure transfers from the train, and tour transportation.
- Other options:
- Tours on Mondays and Tuesdays will have two wine-tastings in Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Tours Wednesdays through Sundays will have one wine tasting in Châteauneuf-du-Pape and then a visit of the Orange Roman Theatre.
Best of Provence Tour Details
- Day One: Tour begins with transfer from your train’s arrival in Avignon to your Avignon hotel. In the afternoon, you will be able to visit Avignon on your own with tickets for the Popes’ Palace and Pont d’Avignon. Your audioguides will enrich the visits.
- Day Two: You will visit the Lubéron Regional Park to see the following:
- Village of Roussillon, which is famous for its red and yellow ochre cliffs and unusual landscape
- Village of Gordes, one of “the most beautiful villages of France”. Completely built with dried stones, it is situated on a hillside and has a very majestic feel to it!
- Lavender Museum – discover the flower symbol of Provence and during July and August, you can see a demonstration of distillation during the harvest.
- Glanum – one of the oldest archeological sites in Europe. The Antiques of Saint Rémy de Provence (Triumphal Arch and Funerary Monument) are situated among olive trees and landscape painted by Vincent Van Gogh.
- Les Baux de Provence will be your final memorable stop! This treasure is a perched village in Les Alpilles de Provence and Les Baux is one of the Most Beautiful Villages in France with the best shopping of the day.
- Day Three: morning tour to Châteauneuf-du-Pape to discover the vineyards and do some wine-tasting in the famous cellars.
Your Best of Provence tour package will end with a transfer to the Avignon TGV station in the afternoon.