Explore the D-Day Landing Beaches with a Normandy D-Day Tour that uses a train from Paris. You’ll take the early train from Gare Saint Lazare in Paris, and then meet your driver guide at the Caen Train Station in Normandy upon your arrival. Your driver guide will take you for a guided tour of the Caen Memorial, Pointe du Hoc, American Cemetery, and Arromanches. (If you’re already in Caen, you can begin this tour directly at the Caen Memorial.)
Normandy D-Day Tour #2 Highlights
- Tours Dates: Tours run Tuesday through Sunday. When we confirm your tour, we’ll confirm the train times.
- Pickup Location: Pickup and return to the Caen Train Station in Normandy
- Vehicle: Minibus
- Tour Duration: Approximately 5-hours touring the D-Day landing beaches
- Meals: Lunch at the Caen Memorial Museum
- Caen Memorial: Guided tour of the World War II exhibition area of the Caen Memorial Museum
Normandy D-Day Tour #2 Details
You will depart the Caen Train Station with your driver/guide and tour the Caen Memorial Museum. After touring there, you’ll have lunch (included in the trip price), and then depart for your five-hour guided tour of the American and British beachheads as follows:
- Pointe du Hoc – It was here on June 6, 1944, D-Day morning where Lt. Colonel James Earl Rudder led an assault by elements of the American Second Ranger Battalion on a German gun battery that had five, 155 millimeter guns protecting Omaha and Utah beaches.
- American Cemetery at Coleville-sur-Mer – the cemetery is located directly above Omaha Beach
- Village of Arromanches – the village is located at Gold Beach, the code name given to the beach where British troops landed on D-Day.
At the end of the tour, you’ll return to the Caen train station to get your train back to Paris.