Take a private tour to Lourdes and experience a very emotional and memorable day. Your Lourdes tour will begin with a pickup at your Toulouse hotel.
- Tour days: Daily with a maximum of 8 travelers with an English-speaking driver guide
- Duration: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Includes: Visit of Lourdes, guided walking visit of Bernadette museum (summer season), Sanctuary, visit of Boly Mill and Cachot
- Vehicle: Mercedes Minibus with a maximum of 8 passengers
- Tour price is for private tour for 1-8 travelers
The drive to Lourdes is two hours from Toulouse through some beautiful countryside. It is located at the foothills of the Pyrenee Mountain range. With your English-speaking driver guide, you'll learn much about this history and culture of the area.
Upon arrival in Lourdes, you will visit sanctuaries. Not only will you see the grotto, but will also visit the three churches that were built on site, one on top of the other.
Following the reports that in 1858, Our Lady of Lourdes had appeared to Bernadette Soubirous (14 years of age) on 18 occasions, Lourdes developed into a major place of Roman Catholic pilgrimage and of miraculous healings. Your guide will take you on the footsteps of Bernadette to first discover the family house when the father ran a mill and then on to the Cachot, a tiny cell in which the family lived during harder times.
Your Lourdes tour will end with a return to your Toulouse hotel.