Enjoy a tour to Saint Remy de Provence, Arles, Les Baux de Provence.
Your tour takes place in the heart of the Alpilles mountain range and the cultural center of Provence.
You begin in Saint-Rémy de Provence, the birthplace of Nostradamus in 1503. It's also where Van Gogh was hospitalized from 1889-1890.
You stop at the Roman ruins that are still around after 2000 years and arrive at the cloister Saint-Paul-de-Mausole and see other sites Van Gogh painted during his stay in the psychiatric hospital.
In the afternoon, you visit the medieval village of Les Baux de Provence, a spectacular sight with its location seemingly perched on the hillside in the Alpilles mountains of Provence.
You visit Arles to do a walking tour to see the historic Gallo-Roman Center which today is a UNESCO heritage site. Sighteeing in Arles includes the Republic Square, Saint-Trophime Church, the Town Hall, and the Forum Square. In Arles, you can see scenes where Van Gogh painted his famous pieces of art: the Draw Bridge, The Yellow House, Starry Night on the Rhône River, Café at Night and Hospital Garden.
- Tour days: Wednesday year round from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM; guaranteed departure for a minimum of 2 people
- No tours on May 1, December 25, January 1
- Tour Departure Point: Aix en Provence Tourism Office
- Included: St. Remy de Provence, Arles walking tour, Les Baux de Provence
- Tour Code: T3
- Vehicle: Air-conditioned minibus that seats maximum 22 passengers