Tour Pech Merle Cave and Saint Cirq LaPopie. Your Dordogne tour will begin with a pickup at Place Pasteur bus stop in Sarlat.This tour will take you to the Quercy region to reach Pech Merle.
- Tour days: Daily from April through October; no tour in August
- Duration: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Minimum of two people for the tour to take place
- Included: Tour stop at Pech Merle, Saint Cirq Lapopie, Valentre Bridge
- Vehicle: Mercedes Minibus with a maximum of 7 passengers
- There must be at least two people in your group to book this tour.
You will drive to the Lot department which is the Midi-Pyrenees region in France. First stop in the tour will be the Pech Merle Cave. This is one of the few prehistoric cave painting sites still open to the general public.The painting and engravings are at least 16,000 years old. The images of the wooly mammoth, reindeer, handprints, and spotted horses are on the walls of the seven chambers in Pech Merle.
After the visit to the prehistoric caves, you will arrive in the town of Saint Cirq Lapopie, one of the Most Beautiful Villages of France. The village is perched on a cliff 330 feet above the Lot Valley and is picture postcard perfect.
The final stop on your Dordogne tour will be in Cahors, the capital of the Lot department. You will see the Valentre Bridge which was built in the 14th Century. It is a six span fortified stone arch bridge crossing the Lot River.
Your Pech Merle Cave and St. Cirq Lapopie tour will return to Sarlat.