Take a Dordogne tour to Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Les Eyzies de Tayac, Lascaux II. Your Dordogne tour begins with a pickup at Place Pasteur bus stop in Sarlat. Departing Sarlat, your first town will be Beynac, a picturesque village on the Dordogne.
- Tour days: Daily from April through October, except Tuesday (every day in July); no tours in August
- Duration: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Minimum of two people for the tour to take place
- Included: Tour stops at Beynac, La Roque Gageac for boat ride, Les Eyzies de Tayac for National Prehistory Museum, Lascaux II Caves
- Vehicle: Mercedes Minibus with seating for 8 passengers
- There must be at least two people in your group to book this tour.
Beynac is a village perched above the Dordogne River and the Chateau Beynac is a medieval castle dominating the village with vistas towards the Castles Castelnaud, Fayrac, and Marqueyssac.
Next stop in the tour will be La Roque Gageac, one of the Most Beautiful Villages of France. You will do a boat ride on the Dordogne River to see castles perched above the river as well as troglodyte dwellings in the cliffs behind this beautiful town.
Les Eyzies is your next stop. In Les Eyzies, our ancestors lived over 460,000 years ago, so it's appropriately called the Prehistoric Capital of the World. This is a fitting town to house the National Prehistory Museum where you will have a guided tour.
Final stop in your Dordogne tour will be the Lascaux II Caves. The original Lascaux caves were first discovered in 1940, but closed to the public in 1963 in order to preserve the art (which was being destroyed by the carbon dioxide produced by the visitors). Lascaux II has a replica of two of the original cave halls, The Great Hall of the Bulls and the Painted Gallery.
Your Dordogne in a Day tour will end with a return to Sarlat.