Book a guided Dordogne Grand tour from Sarlat to see Dordogne in a day. Discover the best the Dordogne region has to offer during this full day guided tour.
Dordogne Grand Tour highlights:
- Tour dates of the Dordogne Grand Tour: Daily, except Tuesday April through October (no August tours)
- Tour duration: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Dordogne Grand Tour includes: Sarlat walking tour, Beynac and La Roque Gageac walking tours, boat ride on the Dordogne River to see Dordogne castles lining the river, National Prehistory Museum in Les Eyzies de Tayac, Lascaux II Caves tour.
- Pickup details: Central location in Sarlat
- Transportation: minivan with maximum 8 guests
- Tour price: $175/person
You will begin the Dordogne Grand Tour with a guided walking tour in Sarlat, a town developed around a large Benedictine abbey of Carolingian origin. Because modern history has largely passed it by, Sarlat has remained preserved and one of the towns most representative of 14th to 16th century France. During the guided tour you will discover the most famous monuments and buildings of the town including the mysterious “Lantern of the Dead”.
Your Dordogne Grand Tour will continue with a walking tour in two delightful villages — Beynac and La Roque Gageac. In La Roque Gageac, you will enjoy a boat ride along the Dordogne River to admire all the mighty castles that line the River.
Your tour’s next stop will be in Les Eyzies de Tayac, the world capital of Prehistory as this is the town where Cro-Magnon was discovered. You will visit the National Prehistory Museum with your guide who will explain the basics of our common history as the life and culture of Homo Sapien are revealed.
Finally, you will end the Grand Dordogne Tour with the Lascaux II cave, a perfect reproduction of the original cave.